Sunday, June 15, 2014

Shailene talks to Coup De Main magazine


Here are some of our favourite snippets from Shailene's recent interview with the Coup De Main magazine. You can read the full interview here!


CDM: Why do you think there’s been so few films produced since the days of John Hughes, that portray real representations of teenagers? [Shailene misheard John Hughes as John Green…]
SHAILENE: I don’t think that John Green hears the voice of teenagers and gives them a voice, I think he hears them and he really emphasises with them and is able to articulate in the manner of the inner workings of adolescence - and that is a true gift, because I think there are a lot of times where either they are played down or played up.



CDM: Hazel wholeheartedly lives for and appreciates the small moments in life. Is that something you relate to?
SHAILENE: Yes, it definitely is. I definitely live for the small moments and the big moments. I really love that about Hazel, and I love the fact that she doesn’t feel like she needs something in the world, like she doesn’t need to leave a mark or be someone or do something and I think that’s what’s really beautiful. She might be the least narcissistic person I have ever encountered.



CDM: I really admire Hazel’s courage. Even more so, when she doesn’t think she is being brave, but just thinks it’s the right thing to do. I feel like that’s something you and Hazel both have in common. What or where do you draw strength in your personal convictions from?
SHAILENE: I think I draw strength in my personal convictions strictly based on confidence. I think you have to love yourself and you have to have a strong sense of self-love in order to really show up for other people, because if you love yourself, you’re not questioning your own mind any more and you are really able to be present and available for others.



CDM: What do you hope for people to take away from watching 'The Fault In Our Stars'?
SHAILENE: I want them to take away the fact that nothing is guaranteed, and everything is so fleeting that we can’t take anything too seriously - you have to appreciate the moment, because you never know what is coming next as it is completely out of our control.



CDM: You’ve said that: "If we plan to save the planet, we have to start with ourselves." What do you think it’s going to take for people to understand this truth?
SHAILENE: I don’t know what it is going to take, but all I know is that every single day I am making a commitment to show up and be the best version of myself, and the kindest and most compassionate person I can be



CDM: If S.H.A.I.L.E.N.E. was an acronym, what would each letter stand for?
SHAILENE:
S - Sassy.
H - [What adjectives start with H? It’s such a weird one.] Healthy.
A - Animated.
I - Intelligent.
L - Loving.
E - Earth-hugging. <laughs>
N - Nature-girl.
E - Enthusiastic.


1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete